With 2019 now over we take a look back on the albums that would help become our soundtrack to the year. From beloved favourites to new talent it was a year of pleasant surprises. Here’s our Top 10 albums of 2019 –
1. Blink 182 – Nine: You can blame it on our youth but this album was pop punk heaven to us. From the first time we heard Nine it was happy days ever since.
2. Bring Me The Horizon – Amo: This album was the medicine we needed to get us through dark times. No this ain’t heavy metal and that’s alright with us.
3. Fever 333 – Strength In Numb333rs: A modern day political awakening with a sound that draws influence from Rage Against The Machine and Linkin Park. An album that can help trigger change.
4. Jimmy Eat World – Surviving: Emo survivors deliver another great album with the sweetness we love. Pushing their sound a little further but maintaining the familiar energy.
5. City and Colour – A Pill For Loneliness: From the imagination of Dallas Green comes a new album we instantly love. Honest, reflective and perfectly constructed songs for the soul.
6. I Prevail – Trauma: These metalcore melodic masters returned with an album that was strong both lyrically and musically A hurricane of song writing brilliance that made us bow down.
7. Billie Eilish – When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?: From “Bay Guy” to “When The Party’s Over” there’s no denying Billie’s talent. Her music is strangely addictive.
8. Bayside – Interrobang: Our prayers were answered as Bayside delivered a new album of songs to rekindle our devotion. Relevant punk rock songs that play to the bands strengths.
9. Post Malone – Hollywood’s Bleeding: From the addictive “Circles” to the Ozzy Osbourne collaboration “Take What You Want” we had to include Post Malone in our top ten. He’s raps tattooed sunflower that keeps on shining.
10. Eat Your Heart Out – Florescence: Newcastle Australia band Eat Your Heat Out delivered a daydream of an album. Powerhouse vocalist Caitlin Henry proving she is a star on the rise.