2021 is now over, and many things haven’t gotten much better. However, with the majority of bands not being able to tour, the year still provided some awesome new albums. Here are our SCENEzine Top 10 albums of 2021-
1. Between You & Me – Armageddon: If the world is ending, at least it has a great soundtrack. These Aussie pop-punks gave us butterflies as their explosive second album blew our minds with every listen.
2. Amy Shark – Cry Forever: Amy is still that girl we adore. A vulnerable, personal album is displaying her songwriting talents. The inclusion of Travis Barker had us all loved up.
3. Angels & Airwaves – Lifeforms: Tom Delonge took us on a sonic adventure. An album that was worth the wait, part rebellious and part otherworldly.
4. Rise Against – Nowhere Generation: The Chicago punk rockers continued giving it their all. An album that is full of songs that inspire with the power to unite.
5. The Pretty Reckless – Death by Rock and Roll: Dear Diary 2021 was the year Taylor Momsen proved rock & roll ain’t dead yet. xoxo
6. The Offspring – Let The Bad Times Roll: Those pretty fly Californian white guys returned to form, giving us an album part tongue in cheek and part catchy punk rock.
7. Chvrches – Screen Violence: Lauren Mayberry continues to be a vocal delight. The inclusion of The Cure’s Robert Smith helped to show the band’s electro-pop darkside.
8. The Spill Canvas – Conduit: All hail the return of the heartbreakers. Nick Thomas gave us a firestorm of emo nostalgia.
9. This Wild Life – Ever Blossom: An album full of relatable songs for heavy hearts. The acoustic duo takes you through the gloom of love and loss.
10. A Day To Remember – You’re Welcome: Sure this may not be their most memorable album but still a welcome addition. Experimenting helped them to break down genre walls.